Quick Compare is now available and is free to download. This program allows quick synchronisation and comparison between Microsoft SQL Server database script objects. T-SQL objects such as triggers, views, procedures and functions are compared in a quick and intuitive interface. This allows a simple, effective and fast means to compare and deploy developed database scripts to production databases as well as ensuring existing databases are identical.
SQL Server has a very limited mathematics capability. SQL Admin Tools is filling this gap by developing a range of mathematics functions and procedures. The initial includes
- mathematical and scientific constants & special functions
- basic number theory
- trigonometric and hyperbolic functions including conversion from degrees to radians and back.
- a large variety of probability distributions that include probability density, cumulative distribution functions and sample generation.
- a range of alternative uniform random number generators
- descriptive statistics, including median, and percentile statistics
Future versions will include:
- further statistics including extensive statistical tests, regression, clustering routines, discriminant analysis, principal component analysis and factor analysis.
- spatial functions such as ellipse generation.
- linear algebra with LU, QR, eigenvectors/values, decompositions, etc.
- linear integral transformations
- interpolation methods
SQL Math has been targeted at 2005/2008 servers. Future versions targeted at SQL 2012 will take advantage of parallel computation.